Saturday, April 9, 2011

Illumination!

No pictures from this.
Last night, about 10:30, as I was sitting working on my netbook in my open-air living room, Harvey, my neighbor from downstairs, comes up my stairs and says, 'Dave, I've been out swimming and you should really come out and look at this.'  I grabbed the waterproof GoPro and headed out to the beach.  It turns out that the ocean is filled with life on light.  Walking out and around in the water I left a solid wash of soft luminescence, bright enough to see my legs in, with a 'sky full of stars' glowing points mixed in and around.  As I moved my hands around in the water they glowed and the trailing bubbles were illuminated by lights brighter than any fireflies I've ever seen.  Harvey dove through the water and became a moving glowing mass underwater.  It was all like something I've never seen and was the most fortunate end-gift from Goa.  The quarter moon had set, so it was just an amazing experience in the blackness of the ocean.  The lights were brilliant to the eye, but unfortunately the GoPro didn't have enough light-gathering power to pick any of it up.

Wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment